- "Retaining a sense of history without being swallowed by the past, at times you’re presented with blues-like sculptures, at others heart-warming poignancy such as the rich harmonies generated on 'Lost In Thought' (co-written with the late Arthur Russell)." - Greg Fenton (Magazine Sixty)
- “Excellent album!” - Laurent Garnier
- “Such a beautiful release, with a full disco finish! This will definitely get the rinse at home as well as the underground.” - Cole Medina (Fly By Night/Whiskey Disco)
- “Fresh sounds and and a large range of different stylistic directions and BPM rates.” - Sebastian (WellDone! Music, Berlin)
- “Interesting vibe!” - Severino (Horse Meat Disco)
- “This album is an absolute gem. I became addicted from the first track.” - Eric Downer (Bay FM, Australia)
- “Great surprise! I’m a big Nirosta Steel fan since the singles released on DJ Sundae's Hollie Records. I’m enjoying this a lot.” - Amir Egozy (Breakfast Club, Tel Aviv)
A preview of Nirosta Steel's album DRY ICE, Whiskey Disco's Sleazy McQueen and Colombian DJ duo Vagabundo Club Social have remixed "Atmo" in a floor-twirling disco-tastic fashion. Have a listen to the track below via Spotify. Vinyl coming soon!
Nirosta Steel's "Everybody Sings" has been reworked by Cole Medina for a 12" release on Rogue Cat Sounds. DJ Kent (Force of Nature) premiered it on the wonderful Beats In Space radio show. It's the first song, so have a listen. We're fair chuffed!
Olivia Locher: Video
Aliah Rosenthal: Cello
Steven Hall: Guitar and Vocals
Brandon Locher: Engineer
Song by Arthur Russell
London-based sonic pioneers Standard Planets have released their second single 'Dumbo Dumbo', a reworking of an unreleased Arthur Russell track.
This is a collaboration with Arthur's Landing, and it's got a back story worthy of its musical lineage. The groundwork for "Dumbo Dumbo" was completed (but never actually committed to tape) by Arthur Russell during the infamous CBS/Dinosaur L recording sessions of 1978 but, for reasons unknown, was shelved at the last minute. But, with the help of Arthur's Landing, Standard Planets have pieced together the remnants of this long forgotten gem and coalesced them into the track as it is today, which also happens to be the only known recording of this song. Simply put, "Dumbo Dumbo" is an adventure. It possesses all the hallmarks of a song that could only have come from the mind of Arthur Russell himself, resplendent with a dark mysticism encapsulated in the swirling synth refrains and propulsive, textured rhythms. But it also bears the heavy fingerprints of Standard Planets and their unique ability to build on those musical foundations to create a towering piece of sonic maximalism.
Recorded in 2009, this is our favorite live video.
This is presently our favorite fan-created video. THere's a moving story attached, too.